I get to wake up to this adorable face every morning! Graycen is always FULL of smiles in the morning, definitely my favorite time of the day.
Tuesday, April 24, 2012
Sunday, April 22, 2012
Thursday, April 12, 2012
2 month check up…
Graycen turns 2 months old!!! I know I keep saying/writing, “I can’t believe it’s been ____ weeks/months,” but, I really can’t believe it has already been two months.
We had our two month check up with the doctor this week. Thankfully, Graycen seems to be back to “normal” and her bilirubin/jaundice levels are now within the normal range. Her stretched out/tight clothes are proof of the weight and length that Graycen has gained in the last few weeks. Here are her 2 month stats:
· Weight – 9lbs 8 oz (25th percentile)· Height – 21 inches (11th percentile)
· Head circumference – 14.25 inches (5th percentile)
After the “good news,” Graycen had to have 3 vaccinations – this was a horrible moment for both of us, but the nurse was quick and I was able to snuggle her right away, which helped calm both of us down. She seemed to recover after a few minutes and once we were back in the car she was fast asleep and remained that way for the rest of the afternoon.
Although, I am sad that our tiny baby isn’t so tiny any more, I’m so excited to watch her grow and reach the different milestones.
· She is starting to smile at us, intentionally, not just when she is gassy or dreaming. One of my favorite “things” is to go get her from her crib in the morning – she gets a HUGE grin on her face when I lean into the crib and greet her.
· This week, Graycen has started to sleep 8 hours at night. I wasn’t expecting this change and it has taken me several nights to adjust and not constantly get out of bed to check on her.
· She is also starting to enjoy her activity mat – batting at the toys, cooing, kicking her legs.
Monday, April 9, 2012
Earlier this week, Garrett took Graycen and I on a date to the movies. Being a HUGE fan of the Hunger Games book series, I really, really wanted to see the movie in the theater, but knew that I wasn't ready to leave Graycen at home with a babysitter just yet.. Thankfully, the Woodinville Loews theater offers the Bring Your Baby to the matinee program once a month. This month, the featured movie was Hunger Games, which was a movie I really, really wanted to see in the theater.
Graycen was great! She has inherited my ability to sleep during movies, and promptly fell asleep at the opening credits and woke in time for the credits.